Monday, September 10, 2012

I lost my flip flops in Foss Lake Oklahoma

Crossing from Texas to Oklahoma....Texola!


Beautiful countryside, lots of corn and wheat fields.

where's Sally?

like we don't stop for gas and snacks....this is for later. lol

Oklahoma traffic.

BBQ steak and corn (from Vons, not the fields)



This is Julia's baby but she is starting to grow on us and doesn't need changing or fed!
John says "Lets take her to the playground"!

I lost my flip flops in Oklahoma is not a country western song.....

....the red clay mud is so thick John sank about 2 feet and was kinda stuck....

...after I stopped laughing I tried to help.

This is Roy and Darlene, we visited with them at the local culinary (McDonalds) and John and Roy
talked farming.  Roy has 3500 acres of wheat and cattle.  They just stopped by after church, Darlene tells me that her neice works
at the Route 66 Museum and they had visitors from th Ukraine last week as well as a group of over 100 bikers!  Well
Darlene that was a good tip, we are waiting for the museum to open.  We thought we had a 2 hour wait but find out from Roy that
the time changed...so now we have to hurry.  nice folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment